Best Non-Comedogenic Moisturizer In 2020
Are you looking for a cosmetic product to deal with your acne-prone skin? You’ve come to the right place.
In this article, to help you find the best non-comedogenic moisturizer for your skin, we’re going to look at some of the best products available on the market today.
- Clean & Clear Dual Action Oil-Free Moisturizer for Acne Prone Skin
- Eau Thermale Avène Tolérance Extrême Emulsion
- Glytone Acne Treatment Lotion
- CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion
- Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen
As you already know, most people struggle with acne, pimples or breakouts at some point in their lives.
For instance, according to the statistics provided by the American Academy of Dermatology, acne is, in fact, the most common skin condition in America, affecting more than 50 million individuals every year.
While some people are fortunate enough to have fairly clear skin after their adolescent years, others have to deal with skin flare-ups for the majority of their lives.
Accordingly, if you’re currently struggling with facial blemishes, it’s time to start using an ointment that doesn’t clog your pores.
In that case, using a water-based moisturizer may be the right solution for you. If you’re ready to start using a moisturizer that won’t cause any breakouts, read on and learn about best non-comedogenic moisturizer that will help you keep your skin completely clear and pimple-free.
What Are Non-Comedogenic Moisturizers?
People with oily skin usually avoid moisturizers, because they think their skin will just become “oiler” over time. However, according to researchers, the oil on your skin doesn’t replace the moisture you lose, it just seals in moisture.
Moreover, people with oily skin often have acne, which happens when the oil on their skin and dead cells clog their pores. Unfortunately, in most cases, acne treatments only dry out your skin.
Therefore, if you want to keep your skin moisturized and keep a clear complexion, experts from WebMD recommend that you should start using non-comedogenic moisturizers.
The name of these moisturizers is derived from the word “comedones” – little hair follicles, which become enlarged when they fill up with oil and dirt. They typically appear as blackheads and whiteheads on your skin. Non-comedogenic moisturizers are specifically designed to treat these inflamed follicles.
Why Should You Start Using Non-Comedogenic Moisturizers?
You’re not sure if you should start using a non-comedogenic moisturizer? In that case, you just need to see if any of these chronic illnesses resonate with your skin condition:
· Red Patches
So if the answer is yes, you will surely benefit from using a non-comedogenic lotion or moisturizer.
Using one of these products will lead to softer, smoother and clearer skin. In some cases, simply using a moisturizer that doesn’t clog your pores will clear your face from acne and prevent them in the future.
Additionally, moisturizers are also crucial for people who use anti-acne products like retinoid, benzoyl peroxide and antibiotics.
These medications can be irritating to the skin, so to avoid any complications, people should use moisturizers in conjunction with these medications.
When used correctly and consistently, a moisturizer will immensely reduce symptoms of acne. And that’s why non-comedogenic moisturizers are a vital piece of popular and acclaimed anti-acne programs like The Acne.org and Acne No More.
Benefits of Proper Skin Moisturization
In essence, the main function of a good moisturizer is to confine the particles of water in your skin and in turn, make it flexible, smooth and healthy. Below, you have the main components utilized by most lotions and moisturizers for this purpose:
· Occlusives – prevent water loss in the skin
· Caffeine – provide the skin with instant plumping and perking
· Emollients – eliminate roughness from the skin
The biggest benefits of skin moisturization, however, are reaped over the long haul. For example, it can be really useful at keeping early signs of aging at bay – recent medical studies have proven it.
Moisturization lets your skin to work properly and gives your cells the ability to repair damage and allow your body to produce new skin cells.
Despite the fact that skin care industry mostly targets women, according to a 2012 Turkish study, moisturization should be more important to men, because they are more prone to premature aging then women are. All in all, that’s the significance of moisturization for any skin – acne-prone or not.
Top Five Non-Comedogenic Moisturizers
Perhaps the most difficult part of switching face care products is discovering and deciding which products you should try.
To make things easier for you, we’ve done some research to discover the best non-comedogenic moisturizer available today. No matter if your skin is dry, oily or sensitive, every one of these lotions will improve its condition.
Clean & Clear Dual Action Oil-Free Moisturizer for Acne Prone Skin
For starters, we have a great lotion for sensitive skin. Clean & Clear Dual Action will prevent any flare-ups and acne and keep your pores free of bacteria.
The non-comedogenic moisturizer contains roughly 0.5% salicylic acid, which simultaneously cleans your skin and keeps it blemish-free.
Although people still think that Clean & Clear is mainly a brand for teenagers, this product here is a great choice for people of all ages.
Users in their 40s and 50s claim that this moisturizer has prevented any major breakouts and kept their skin moisturized.
The main ingredient of this moisturizer is salicylic acid, and anyone who’s ever suffered from acne knows that this acid is one of the most effective acne medications out there.
- It will help you fight off and prevent acne in the long run
- One application of this moisturizer will keep you hydrated for the rest of the day
- It doesn’t dry out the skin like some other acne treatment products
- It’s only suitable for people who have severe acne problems
- It’s specifically formulated for acne-prone skin, which may be a turnoff for some
- Salicylic acid is known to irritate some people
Eau Thermale Avène Tolérance Extrême Emulsion
Coloring-agent free, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic products are just a couple of reasons Avène has stood the test of time. This moisturizer is one of the most recommended products for pimple-prone skin in the world.
You see, there are many causes of pimples and acne – preservatives, fragrance and a number of other irritants – and Eau Thermale Avène is free of all of those ingredients.
Furthermore, most acne medication will leave your skin irritated with dry patches all over. But this moisturizer will both hydrate and soothe your irritations and consequently, help you recover quicker than your average anti-acne medication will.
With all of that in mind, it’s easy to see why so many people mention Avène’s Eau Thermale when discussing the best non-comedogenic moisturizer.
This Emulsion moisturizer is particularly fast-absorbing and lightweight – two properties you should look for in a product if you have particularly oily skin.
- It’s great for acne-prone skin, and it will help you soothe any skin irritations
- Contains ingredients that double down on skin rebalance and hydration
- It doesn’t slide any makeup off, so you can use it under foundation
- The package is not great, and the top makes it difficult to control the amount you squeeze out
- Seeing how the bottle is just 1.69 OZ, it’s pretty expensive
- People with dry skin should look for something more moisturizing
Glytone Acne Treatment Lotion
This acne treatment lotion has been a staple in clinics all over the world for a while at this point.
Unlike other companies that use artificial ingredients for their products, Glytone is well-known for their modern approach to formulating with the highest free acid values. That’s why some people regard Glytone’s Lotion as the best non-comedogenic moisturizer on the market.
Also, this wonderful lotion can mimic your body’s physiological dosage. This gives the product a more natural rhythm and ensures that the skin is more receptive to it.
This ensures that your skin absorbs the lotion quickly and efficiently while minimizing any potential irritations.
The lotion is good for all skin type, but since it contains salicylic acid just like Clear and Clean Dual Action, people who didn’t use products that contain this type of acid before should be careful.
- It quickly cleans your skin and clears up your pores
- You don’t need to use any other acne medication besides this lotion
- It quickly dissolves any excess oil build up on your skin and keeps you moisturized
- It’s mainly recommendable for people who suffer from skin problems
- Not everybody’s skin will respond well to the ingredients
- If you’re looking just for pure moisturizer, this is not the right choice for you
CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion
CeraVe manufactures a lot of different lotions and skin products. The company created this particular lotion with the help of world-rewoven dermatologists.
It’s made to moisturize and soften the skin without leaving any excess oil behind that can clog your pores and lead to skin irritation.
This facial lotion is also particularly strong, so you can only put it on in the morning, and the results will last almost all day.
What’s more, the product is great for winter, because it will keep your skin hydrated all day without drying out and it will make it brighter. Last but not least, most consumers start to see significant changes in a matter of weeks.
If you have sensitive, easily-irritated skin, CeraVe moisturizer is an excellent choice for you. It will improve your skin health, keep acne at bay and prevent flaky, dry skin.
- Great basic moisturizer that works well for sensitive skin
- Less greasy than sunscreen and provides effective sun protection
- It’s rather inexpensive, but moisturizes well and feels expensive
- It doesn’t absorb very well, so your skin may feel moist and oily
- Not long lasting, and if you’re out in the sun, you need to reapply every few hours
- ·When you apply makeup over it, the moisturizer starts peeling off
Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen
This is a great product for people who want to maintain a fairly simple, daily skin care routine.
Olay Moisturizers comes in a 40 OZ bottle, and it’s safe to say that the product is both effective and affordable. It prevents blemishes, pimples, and acne and it’s even light enough to wear under your makeup.
Olay Complete is especially good for people who spend a few hours in the sun every day because it protects from both UVB and UVA rays. It offers more than eight hours of protection and contains vitamin E and aloe, so it’s recommendable for people who are struggling with dry, sensitive and breakout-prone skin.
This product is great for mature skin, although it’s also suitable for people with acne-prone skin because it doesn’t clog pore. But if you’re looking for a younger-looking skin, this is the product for you.
- It comes with a sun protection factor of 15 and provides great sun protection
- It’s not too greasy, so it absorbs fairly quickly when applied
- The product comes in a 4.0 OZ bottle, so the package is very pocket-friendly
- It works better as a sunscreen, and it may not hydrate your skin very well
- The moisturizer is a bit thick, sticky and a strong smell due to sunscreen
- Not recommended for people with extremely sensitive skin
In the end, you have to remember that the part of the human body that is most exposed to the environment by far is the skin.
Everything from dirt to the air pollution regularly attacks your skin. And these contaminations sit on your skin, block your pores and cause, among else, acne.
As we mentioned before, people with sensitive skin face the most problems. That’s why most of them are unsure of what to use for their skin problems. And a non-comedogenic moisturizer is the best option for these individuals.
Now, the choice of the moisturizer is all up to you – different people have different needs, so you have to find the best non-comedogenic moisturizer on your own.
The most important thing is, you cannot hesitate in finding and buying a moisturizer for your skin because it will do nothing but good.