Trying to get rid of that pesky scar that just won’t go away? Have you tried creams and sprays that just won’t get the job done? The listed suggestions will help you get the best results for your needs. These scar removal creams are some of the best in the industry.
- Coloplast Triad Hydrophilic Wound Dressing
- Vitamin K1 Cream
- Mederma Advanced Scar Gel
- ScarFade Scar Treatment Gel
- Naturasil for Scars
- DermaRESTORE Scar – Clinically Proven Scar Treatment and Wound Care
- Prosil – Professional Therapy for Scars
How To Choose A Scar Removal Cream
When choosing a scar removal cream, it is important to choose one that is one hundred percent silicone. This ingredient will help with the removal of old and new scars and give you dramatic effects on scar removal. It might also help to look for a product that removes all types of scars for the best scar removal results.
When many people think of scars, they only think of a thin line that goes along the skin. Some scars are also raised above the skin, stand out, and can be easily noticed. Some scars also can become bruises and become discolored over time. If you choose a scar removal cream for the removal of all scar types, this can lessen the chance that your scars will become like this.
What Are The Advantages/Benefits Of This Type Of Produce?
If you can find an effective cream, it can have noticeable results and make you less self-conscious about your scarring. These creams can provide you with scar removal with no invasive surgery.
Many of them can be used without the risk of any side effects. Other options include laser scar therapy, surgical scar revision, and dermabrasion. These options are considered surgery and can have painful side effects.
Things to Look For/Attributes that Differentiate these Products
Using the right scar removal cream or gel should include one that is affordable, easy to use, and that gives great results. Scars appear when the outer skin layer, also known as the epidermis, is damaged.
The collagen fibers try to repair themselves, but they do not do it correctly. Some ingredients can help flatten the scars. Mederma contains cephalin which is an onion extract and is an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial product that helps reduce redness and swelling. It also stops the overproduction of collagen that makes scars develop.
Another great ingredient is vitamin E. This ingredient is great for healing burns. It can be applied in a gel or in gel caps two to three times daily to reduce swelling and inflammation.
Silicone is great for healing scars because it helps align the collagen fibers that develop with scars. If they are not aligned, they will form a criss-cross pattern and harden the skin. This is used for scars that rise above the skin and keloids.
What Is The Best Way To Use This Product?
The best way to use these products is to apply them to the skin directly. Some products can come in a cream or gel form. It is best to follow the directions on the bottle or the instructions from your doctor.
Many products may require that they remain on the skin for some time and then be rinsed off with water. Others may be applied directly to the skin several times a day. Depending on the severity of the scar, you might have to apply the cream and eat a special diet or take it with some form of a pill. Make sure to follow the instructions exactly as prescribed to prevent further problems.
Address The Controversy
There is some controversy about the use of vitamin E on a scar. While many laud the use of vitamin E caplets on a scar after a burn, some experts claim that using vitamin E on scars after surgery has little to no effect and can even worsen the cosmetic appearance of scars. Many people experience dermatitis from topical contact with vitamin E. It has worked with scar removal for some patients but has produced dermatitis or skin inflammation in others.
Prerequisites To Using The Product
Before using any products, you should try it on a small part of the skin first to see if your skin has any reactions to it. There is not one product that will work for every scar situation. If you have just had surgery, it is best to follow the recommendations of your doctor.
If you have a different type of scar, it is probably best to talk with a dermatologist to make sure that you are using the best product for your scar removal needs. Scar removal may also require a change in what is in contact with your skin.
Coloplast Triad Hydrophilic Wound Dressing
This is a zinc-oxide-based hydrophilic paste that sticks to the moist wound to protect peri-wound skin. It soothes the skin that has been wounded and provides an adequate wound dressing.
It is best to consult with your doctor first, but you can apply this topical paste around the wound to prevent inflammation. It can be used alone or with adequate dressing to make your wounds heal faster.
- This product is fast-acting. Users noticed almost immediate results.
- It is gentle enough to use on even the most vulnerable scars such as bedsores and can be used with older patients.
- Used in several hospitals and wound centers.
- This product sticks to the wound while it heals.
- It may not work for all wound types.
- It may not see any results at all.
Vitamin K1 Cream
This vitamin K cream is good for lightening skin discoloration and can help eliminate spider veins, bruising, and skin redness and irritation. This product may also be good for getting rid of dark circles under the eyes.
It helps increase the blood flow to the affected area to increase the regeneration of the damaged tissues and healing time. May also be good for the removal of varicose veins.
This product might also take the place of scar removal that could only be eliminated by injections and doctor’s visits. Some scarring, bruising and dark circles are caused by a lack of vitamin K.
If you apply this cream to your scar problem several times a day and work it into a daily regimen, you might see significant results. It should be worked into a daily routine and should not interfere with other treatments that have been prescribed.
- It has a light scent and is not overpowering.
- It causes speedy healing of scars.
- The product is light and does not leave a residue.
- Should last a long time according to the recommended use.
- Results are not guaranteed for each situation.
- Quick results may not occur for each person. May take some time for scar removal to begin.
- May only help with some problems such as acne instead of dark circles.
Mederma Advanced Scar Gel
Mederma is the number one doctor recommended product for scar removal. It can easily be applied once a day and reduces the overall appearance, color, and texture of old and new scars. It may work on acne scars, surgery scars, burns, and other types of injuries. It comes in the form of a gel and is easy to use.
- It is great to use for raised scars. It stops the inflammation and causes the scars to blend in with the surrounding skin.
- May help with the removal of old scars and wounds.
- May also remove dark spots on the skin.
- One tube can be used for a long time.
- Results are not guaranteed.
- May cause skin irritating and itching.
- May cause skin dryness.
ScarFade Scar Treatment Gel
This product has been highly recommended by doctors since 1997 and is one of the most recognized names in the scar removal industry. This product can be used to treat old and new scars.
It is easy to use a topical treatment that can provide fast results. It can be used on cuts, burns, surgical incisions, and other injuries and wounds. It is suggested that this product is applied to wounds immediately after stitches have been removed or when the wound begins. You should use it two times a day for the best results.
- This product is one hundred percent silicone.
- It is known to reduce keloids on the skin after surgery.
- Can provide fast results and reduces swelling and redness of the skin.
- Results may vary.
- May cause skin irritation and redness.
- The product is a little thick and might be sticky.
Naturasil For Scars
This product is made specifically for scar removal and can assist with the removal of skin imperfections. It can be used on sensitive skin, and it is absorbed easily into the skin.
There is no sticky cream, gels, or residue. The main ingredients are all-natural and contain nerol, trans fatty acids, geraniol, ketones, and pinene. It is an all-natural method for scar removal. It can heal scars quickly and painlessly.
This product might take away the need for steroids and cosmetic surgery. The natural ingredients have skin regenerative properties that help scars heal faster. It is also antibacterial and antifungal which helps prevent infections. Suggested use is to apply the oil to scars with the brush two to three times a day. Results are expected within four to six weeks after you begin use.
- Consists of natural oils and has a pleasant smell.
- Great for sensitive skin.
- It has no color or odor and can even be used on keloid scars.
- Easy to apply.
- Results may vary.
This product is specifically designed to assist with the removal of stretch marks. When used as directed, this product claims significant improvements in scar removal and age spots within eight weeks.
- May see quick results.
- Can reduce the appearance of scars after surgery.
- Not sticky and leaves no residue.
- One package can be used for a long time.
- Results may vary.
- Might only help with minor scars.
- Using the product on old scars might not be effective.
Prosil – Professional Therapy For Scars
This scar removal therapy comes in the convenient package of a stick. It is specially designed to treat all scars including keloids, flat, and burn scars. This product can be easily carried in a purse or bag and can treat scars on every part of the body.
- No colors or dyes are in this product, and it can be used on sensitive skin.
- The packaging is designed for easy carrying.
- There is no oil or stickiness. Just apply as directed.
- Might be good for scars related to chickenpox.
- Results may vary.
- The product contains silicone. It may not be a good choice if you are allergic to silicone.
The best choice for scar removal from the above list is the Mederma Advanced Scar Gel. It is the most recommended by doctors, and it is easy to use. This product only has to be applied once a day and can be applied to many types of scars. Mederma can be used to treat old and new scars and can be used on many different patients young and old.
Some users have even said that it helped lighten the skin from bruising and skin discoloration. One bottle of this product can last for a long time, and you don’t have to keep purchasing the product. Although results may vary, many people have talked about the success of using this product on their scars.
There might be some problems if a user has sensitive skin, and this product should be used along with the recommendation of a doctor or dermatologist. This product does not contain vitamin E or silicone but is does have cephalin which helps lessen the production of collagen and can prevent keloids. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties to prevent infections.